Our school was built in 1910.
Until 1920, she served as the Women’s Universal School.
At that time, all classes were conducted in German and the school program served from above planned Germanization.
In the years 1920–1939 the institution took on a Polish character, and patriotic education took its prominent place.
The hardest times came during the German occupation, when the use of Polish was treated as a serious crime.
At the end of the war, a Soviet field hospital was established in the school.
On April 1, 1945 (less than a month after the liberation of Skarszew), thanks to pre-school headmaster Konrad Putynkowski, students were enrolled in the newly established Polish school.
In post-war history, as in a mirror, they are reflected: until 1956 Stalinist times (socialist indoctrination), in 1956-1970 Gomułka centralism (the ban on teaching catechesis at school was introduced, lifted only after 1990), Gierkowski industrialism (1970-1980), the thaw of solidarity (1980-1981), martial law (1981-1983) and since 1990 the construction of a new democratic system of the Third Polish Republic.
In 1979-1985, the school building was being expanded.
Thanks to that, the facility has been enriched by new classrooms, a gym and a canteen.
On October 17, 2006, the school became a patron in the person of John Paul II.
In 2010, we celebrated the 100th anniversary of the school.
In over 100 years of history, about 5000 students graduated from the school and about 250 teachers completed the teaching work.